Sunday, September 29, 2013

Restroom Sign Contest

Shapeways recently posted a contest for restroom signs on their blog. Since I work as a designer for a sign manufacturer I could help but enter. At work I'm usually bound by the ADA standards for designing interior signs. But, in this case it's a factory. So, as far as I understand it, the designs don't really require that they be ADA compliant. So I jumped at the chance to do something without all the ADA constraints.
You might think that because I design signs for a living that I might have an unfair advantage. But, there are a lot of talented people out there, and they entered the contest as well. It's anybody's guess as to who the winner might be. There were a lot of interesting entries.


Here are a few of my favorite competitors in no particular order..

There's one in particular that I really like. While I was viewing it, my wife said..
 "Oh I really like that one. You will win for sure with that". 
 I responded... 
"Ummm I didn't do that one".

Anyway here are my own entries.

I kind of stuffed the ballot box. I had to see every idea through. So, why not enter them?

I'm thoroughly excited. 
I can't wait it see who wins.
And even more so I can't wait to see photos of the winners design produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment